Saturday 29 December 2012

A big, fat hello!

Hello!


 
This was me in 2009.
I didn't own a set of scales back then but I'm pretty sure I was pushing the 16/17 stone mark and at 5'3", I wasn't exactly tall enough to carry the weight well.
 
Towards the end of 2011, I decided enough was enough. I was in a happy relationship, was happy in my job so there was no excuse to shed a few pounds (or stone in my case). The night I decided was after seeing my friends pictures on facebook. I didn't realise she was on a diet but seeing how she had transformed from a size 20 to a size 8 was amazing and really inspiring.
 
I dieted for a little and ended up losing a stone and a bit. Nothing major was changing though and I was losing motivation.
 
A very close friend then persuaded me to join the gym with her and although I will admit it was hard in the beginning, it was the best decision I've made and money very well spent.
 
When I started the gym, I was 14st 13lbs (197lbs).
 
Throughout the blog, I'll explain my journey in a little more detail but for a little
(th)inspiration...
 


I am still 5'3" (perhaps not in those shoes though) but I now weigh 10st 10lbs (160lbs). 
There are a lot of height/weight calculators out there but my ideal weight range is between 8-10 stone (112-140lbs) which is a large range. So long as I'm heading in the right direction, I'll know when I'm happy and need to stop.
 
Now you know all about me.. on to the point of the blog.
A few people have asked how I have achieved my weight loss and have asked for my gym routine or recipes, so thought this would be the ideal place to note everything down as and when I think of it.
 
I really hope this blog helps you to achieve your goals, whether it's weight related or just to learn a few new recipes!
 
Enjoy :] x 

No comments:

Post a Comment