Sunday 30 December 2012

Skinny recipe #2 Cheats honey & mustard chicken

Hello!
 
 
 
I wasn't feeling too well today so I wanted a lot of vegetables but was slightly limited. I decided to use one of the low fat honey & mustard Chicken Tonight sauces. I've never tried the low fat one before but to be honest, I can't tell the difference! I don't like using store bought sauces but they're always handy to keep in the cupboard.
 
Here we go!
 
Serves 2
 
You will need:
2 chicken thighs (or chicken breasts)
Low fat honey & mustard sauce (Chicken tonight)
2 tbps frozen sweetcorn
2 mushrooms
Salad/rice/baked potato/mash
Casserole dish
 
Method:
  • Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
  • Score lines on your chicken thigh (you can use breast if you prefer) place in a dish, not a tray, and cook in your preheated oven for 20 minutes.
  • After 20 minutes, take out your chicken and add half the jar of honey & mustard sauce. Add 2-3 tbsps of frozen sweetcorn and 1-2 sliced mushrooms. Stir and then cover with foil. Place back in the oven until cooked (approximately 30-40 minutes unless using chicken breast, as it'll cook quicker).
  • Whilst the chicken is in the oven, prepare your side. You can have this with salad, rice, baked potato or mash. Struck likes to have his with rice whereas I prefer mine a little healthier and have carrot & suede mash. To make this, I peel, chop and boil the carrot and suede in a pan until soft. When the chicken is cooked, mash with a little butter and season.
  • When the chicken is cooked through, plate and serve with rice, mash, baked potato or salad.
Depending on the side you cook, the calories will vary. My meal above was 420 calories which was really good for such a filling meal.
 
**TIP** Serve your meals in bowls where possible, as you can reduce your portion size and trick your brain into thinking it's a regular sized plate of food!
 
Let me know if you try this recipe! x

No comments:

Post a Comment