Monday 1 July 2013

Skinny snack #3 Chocolate coated kiwi

Hello!
 
I'm still trying to find snacks that suit me and help sort out my chocolate cravings and this is the one.
 
I first saw this on Pinterest and then watched Carly Rowena's healthy naughty treats video where she made it look so simple, I decided to give it a go.
 
Here's how you make them :]
 
You will need:
  • 1 packet of 70% dark chocolate - the darker, the better.. mine was 80% (I think?)
  • 1 packet of kiwis
  • Lollipop sticks/cocktail sticks
 
Method:
 
 
In a small pan, break up your chocolate into pieces and melt slowly. You can do this in a glasss bowl over a pan of boiling water or in the microwave if you prefer.
 
 
Peel and cut the kiwis into chunks. I wanted mine to be chunky so I sliced one kiwi in half and then popped a lollipop stick into them.
 
 
Dip the kiwis into the melted chocolate and place on greaseproof paper to set.
Once cooled, pop in the fridge and eat within a few days!
 
 
So simple but so tasty and that little bit of chocolate just hits the spot when it comes to cravings.
I'm not a fan of really dark chocolate but the sweetness from the fruit really balances it out.
 
I also dipped some leftover pineapple in the chocolate and that was really nice. It would work well with strawberries, banana or perhaps slices of apple.
 
Let me know what fruit you try!
x



No comments:

Post a Comment