Saturday 28 September 2013

Skinny recipe #16 Seriously scrummy, no fat/low calorie banana muffins!

Hello!
 
 
Being off work at the moment has been a bit challenging when it comes to eating healthy. For me, I need routine and without it, I binge on all kinds of BAD foods.
 
I do have loads of fruit in the house which I should eat, but it just wasn't doing it for me so I thought I'd bake something but it needed to be low fat and low calorie, so I found a recipe (which I tweaked slightly) to make these bad boys!
 
These banana muffins are a crazy 58 calories each and have no fat! I did tweak the recipe so half of the muffins had a teaspoon of dark chocolate spread in the middle, just for a treat :)
 
This recipe makes 12.
 
You will need:
  • 1 cup of plain flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp of bicarb soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 & 1/2 cups mashed banana (over ripe ideally - approx 4 bananas)
  • Optional: dark chocolate spread/nutella/nut butter
 
Method:
  • Preheat your oven to 180c
  • Mix all of your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
  • In a different bowl, mix the egg white and mashed bananas
  • Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined - don't over mix though!
  • Spoon into 12 muffin liners in a muffin tin
  • OPTIONAL: If you want to add a tasty centre, blob a teaspoon of chocolate spread/nutella/any nut butter into the middle and top with more batter to cover.
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes
  • Test with a cocktail stick and if it comes out clean, then your muffins are ready
  • Cool in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack until cool.
  •  
The 58 calories are for the muffins without the tasty centre but depending on what you pop in, the calories will vary.
 
 


 
 
These are great for breakfast on the go, a snack with your tea or warmed up for dessert.
 
Let me know if you make these :)
 
Enjoy
x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment