Saturday 15 June 2013

Skinny snack #1 Apple Dippers

Hello!
 
 
 
I'm trying to be a little more inventive when it comes to snacking. Instead of reaching for just a yogurt, piece of fruit or (worst case) bar of chocolate, i'm really trying to find new ways of making snacks enjoyable, more fillings and packed with as much nutrients as possible.
 
 
To me, this tastes like apple pie and contains all my favourites so it was perfect for me.
 
Here's how to make it!
 
You will need:
A bowl
Teaspoon
1/4 measuring cup
Low fat yogurt
Small apple
Peanut butter (or any nut butter... crunchy or smooth)
Cinnamon
Honey
 
Method:
  • Slice up the apple and pop to one side
  • Measure out 1/4 cup of natural (low fat) yogurt, 1 tsp peanut butter, 1 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Note, I prefer 1 tsp of cinnamon, so I added way more than the recommended 1/4 tsp!
  • Stir all of the ingredients together and serve in a small bowl alongside the apple.
  • Sit back, dip and enjoy!
 
This is such a simple snack and goes well with any fruit (bananas and strawberries etc.) but tastes amazing and is full of food that is good for you.
 
Let me know if you try it :)
 
x
     
 


No comments:

Post a Comment